About The Online Therapy Clinic
Advances in modern technology mean that Occupational Therapy and Speech & Language Therapy can now be offered via your computer or phone. Online Therapy is a flexible and cost effective way for your child to receive therapy services. All you need is a good internet connection.
How does it work?
Online consultations are conducted via live video conferencing software, which can easily be downloaded as an app onto your phone or tablet. Consultations may involve discussion with the parents, teacher, and/or child, or direct therapy with your child.
Therapy materials can be shared via the computer screen and can be seen by the child and therapist simultaneously. Any additional materials and homework can be emailed. Therapy activities will generally be the same as those delivered in a face-to-face clinical environment.
All you need is a computer, good internet connection, headphones (preferable) or speakers and a microphone (which is often already fitted on to your computer). A webcam is not essential, but may be helpful in some cases.
All online assessment and services provided are conducted by a fully qualified Occupational Therapist and/or Speech & Language Therapist, and full guidance will be given to help you login and connect with us.
Who do we provide a service for?
The Online Therapy Clinic offers Occupational Therapy and Speech & Language Therapy services to children and schools. Providing you have an internet connection, we can offer services anywhere in the world.
Advantages of online therapy
- Online therapy may actually be more effective for some clients. Children with poor listening and attention skills and/or auditory processing difficulties may benefit from the interactive nature of online therapy and the use of headphones
- There is a greater availability of therapy for individuals living in rural areas, or areas where there is limited access to Occupational Therapy and Speech & Language Therapy
- There are financial benefits for parents and schools, and online therapy can be cheaper than face-to-face services, as there are no costs in travel, and less administration.
- There are time benefits for parents and schools, as online therapy does not require you to drive to a clinic, or the therapist to travel to your home. There may also be more flexibility around fitting in with your work commitments.
- If you choose to have your therapy with The Online Therapy Clinic, we can provide access to programmes and resources (via email) to compliment your therapy programme free of charge, so you can practice in your own time.
- All online assessment and therapy sessions will be arranged and conducted by a qualified
Occupational Therapist and/or Speech & Language Therapist
Contact us today to book your free 20 minute consultation.